When you want to achieve success, making one change at a time is a technique that brings results. You may be surprised to discover that one of the most beneficial changes you can make towards success is what you eat!
The type of food you eat has an impact on brain function and how you feel overall. For example, the guys over at Google eat sushi for lunch and they’re always coming up with innovative ideas that make our lives easier!
What to Eat
Aside from sushi, what else can you eat to make you more capable of finding success? The secret lies in raw foods – uncooked, natural foods.
- Uncooked foods enable your body to better absorb all of the vitamins and minerals that the food has to offer.
Raw foods also contain enzymes that are very important for normal bodily function. Without these enzymes, a person can be “off” mentally and physically. You simply can’t function right if you’re not getting the proper nutrition.
In addition, it’s difficult coming up with innovative ideas for your success when your body and your brain are starving for essential nutrients. Why make it harder on yourself? The simple solution is to give your body what it needs.
Some of the most important types of raw food to eat are fruits and vegetables. All by themselves, fruits and vegetables provide much of what your body hungers for.
Benefits that you will receive from eating fruits and vegetables include:
- Clear thinking
- Strong focus
- Thinking outside the box
- Ability to find creative and innovative solutions
The most successful and innovative people have many things in common. One of the traits they share is that they feed their brains as well as their body.
Changing your Diet
If your diet leaves something to be desired, you may want to make some changes so that you can take advantage of the benefits that a “success” diet can bring.
Here are some tips to help you make those changes:
1. Make gradual changes. Gradual changes make it easier for your body and mind to incorporate new routines and new choices. As you make the changes, you’ll notice:
- You think differently.
- Your mind stays on the task at hand without deviating too much.
- Your response time to certain situations is quicker than before.
2. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables have essential vitamins and minerals for your body and your brain.
3. Increase your Omega 3 fatty acids. Eat plenty of foods that are high in Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids improve brain function.
Where do you find these important acids?
- In certain types of fish such as salmon, Mahi Mahi, and other varieties
- In ground flaxseed
- In additional foods to which Omega 3 fatty acids have been added. Check your food labels: some foods have added Omega 3s to ensure that people are receiving an adequate supply in their diets.
So start with fruits and vegetables and if you’re not sure which ones you’ll like, buy a little at a time and taste test them. Many people turn their nose up at foods that are healthy for them. To their surprise, they later find that many of them taste good!
The best surprise, though, comes when you notice the difference in how you think, how you feel, and how you are enjoying growing success!